The first meeting with the 4 new trustees was in August. Since then the trustees have met in September, October and in December.
The main work has been:
- A soil test has been commissioned and received.
- Work towards a Listed Building application to consolidate and rebuild the walls has commenced. This includes a pre-application discussion with FHDC staff in December. An application will follow this discussion.
- Several local contractors have been approached for estimates to clear invasive weeds, remove the membrane that covers the site and to carry out works on the wall.
- Some funding has been obtained for the above work but significant funding remains to be found to complete the works and a long term plan for the site.
- Agreement of a set of overarching principles for the design of the site which will enable the trustees to ask the community to submit its feedback and ideas in the New Year.
- Encountering the inevitable administrative issues of running a charity – a new risk assessment has been put in place, banking arrangements have been reviewed and a draft management and maintenance plan considered.
The trustees will meet again in mid-January 2021 and will provide feedback to the community.